Althorpe Nursing Home
Althorpe Nursing Home is a Grade II listed building that, from the outside has retained its original look and on the inside has maintained many of the original features such as the fireplaces, stained glass windows, etc.
Within the main building we have made internal changes to provide 12 en-suite individual rooms all with unique features and with no two rooms alike. Each room is decorated and personalised highlighting many of the Georgian features, yet is made safe and comfortable for the needs of nursing residents. All rooms are large with big windows that have secondary glazing to ensure they remain warm.
The combination of the modern adaptations and original features has created a boutique Home that is warm, cosy and homely as well as safe for the specialised care of elderly residents.
There are a further 9 rooms in a newer extension to the building. In total, Althorpe Nursing Home has 20 single rooms.
The village of Althorpe is located in the Isle of Axholme, just on the outskirts of Scunthorpe. It is connected well by bus routes and is close to local amenities.
We aim to:
- Provide a Homely environment – to ensure the residents are comfortable and at the same time safe
- Preserve Dignity – where all our staff (from caring to ancillary) are trained to respect and preserve the dignity of each individual within the Home and to respect their privacy
- Participation and Independence – residents are encouraged to participate in the development of their care plan so that their wishes and aspirations are incorporated in their daily lives. Our focus will always be to maintain and encourage as much independence as possible for the individual
We believe that what makes our residents feel more alive and better about themselves is being valued, being respected, being spoken to, being given understanding during difficult times, being shown kindness and interest and being given a little ‘fuss’ and attention.
We understand that choosing the right care home is a big decision and one that should be made with assistance from relatives and loved-ones. Wherever possible, we encourage prospective residents and family members to visit beforehand to ensure they feel comfortable in our Home.
At Althorpe Nursing Home we are committed to providing the highest standard of care. The care we administer is always done so with respect, compassion and understanding.
Our Philosophy of Care is underpinned by 5 principles:
- Promoting optimum health and well-being with personalised support plans to provide the best care and treatment possible.
- Providing services of the highest comfort and safety, working with key professionals to promote fair access and value for money.
- Creating opportunities for residents to express their individuality, views and wishes through direct contact or advocacy.
- Valuing input from families and friends; working to preserve strong ties with treasured people, places and memories.
- Facilitating independence through inclusion and offering choice in all aspects of a person’s life.
To ensure that our high standard of care is maintained, an independent quality assurance system is in place.